Parkersburg Day Nursery
an Early Learning Center
Parkersburg Day Nursery, established in 1908, is the oldest childcare center in West Virginia. As a non-profit organization, we have been operating on the following mission for a century. “We will strive to promote a child’s physical, mental, emotional and social growth within a caring environment”. The Nursery is dedicated to caring for children whose parents or guardians are in need of quality childcare. The Nursery is operated on a non-discriminatory basis and the practice of this policy is proved through equal treatment regarding race, color, religion, sex, disability and national origin. PDN is dedicated to educating your child to become more independent and prepare them for their academic and social life in the years to come. The teachers on our staff are educated in early childhood development, and with their guidance, your child (ren) will grow socially, physically, mentally, and emotionally in a loving and caring environment.
WHAT IS QUALITY CHILD CARE?
- Putting the child’s needs first.
- Children having access to various activities throughout the day.
- Children work on projects and have long periods of time to play and explore.
- Children have an opportunity to play outside every day.
- Teachers read books to children throughout the day.
- Age appropriate curriculum for children to learn and grow
- Working together with parents on potty training, dental and personal hygiene.
- Annual Dental Program for 3 and 4 year olds.
- A warm caring staff who appreciates working with children of all ages.
- Providing a quality food program with nutritional foods.
- IT IS THE PARKERSBURG DAY NURSERY!